What You Need to Know When it Comes to Your Relationships & Divorce
Relationships are hard work! Relationship advice encompasses a very large magnitude of areas.
Our goal is to provide you insights and direction based on your situation. This section will encompass an array of ways to master the art of relationships because divorce will have you analyzing these and making you very aware of this aspect of life.
We hear people say all the time, you know who your true friends are when times get tough. This is one of those times and now is a great opportunity to truly take a look at your relationships in order to make them better, call it quits, and start new ones.
Let's dive into what this relationship advice area is going to cover...
Relationship Advice if Considering Divorce...
- Marriage problems - How to spot them and figure out what the next best step is when it comes to your marriage.
- Should I save the marriage or consider divorce? You may be on the brink of the decision to leave your spouse or they are the ones in that position. What you do next is crucial to how this will play out.
- Marriage help and counseling. Is it time to seek professional help? Do you want to salvage the relationship? A major relationship advice tip is to try everything possible before going through the divorce. Many times it is simply understanding the other person and rekindling the relationship. Don't quite give up yet.
- How to avoid divorce. Do you not want a divorce? Then you are going to have to get down and dirty and do some work. It is critical as a man to put ego and pride aside if you truly want to save your marriage. Be the King and take your crown back!
- Marriage separation. Have you considered time apart? Maybe you have both taken each other for granted and it is time to remember why you fell in love in the first place. We're not saying you get a hall pass so to speak, but taking some time to really dig deep inside, then reconnect will do the trick.
Are You Staring Down Serious Relationship & Marriage Problems Such as...
- Affairs. This is a major reason marriages split for good reason. We'll dive into the darkness that affairs bring with them and how to handle this delicate situation.
- Severe relationship issues. This is where we'll talk about abusive relationships (both physical and mental), how to handle these situations, and what to do next.
- The relationship you have with yourself. This is a serious matter because perhaps it is time to consider how you view yourself. Are you confident? Do you feel ready to take on the world? Are you arrogant? Do you need to work on yourself to become a better person to those around you?
- Relationship with God/Higher power. Maybe you don't believe in this type of thing or your viewpoints on this is different (as most folks are). We won't turn this into a religious talk, but having faith and/or belief in something if you are interest is an area we will discuss. If you just don't care then move on to another topic.
Divorce is Inevitable, What Now? Relationships After Divorce...
- Effects of divorce & where did everyone go? This will do a number of things. It will break relationships previously brought together through the marriage. On the flip side, divorce will also allow for new relationships or rekindling of old ones.
- Dating after divorce. Dating opens up a world of possibility but that goes for both you and your ex. Perhaps you haven't been "in the game" for a while? Also, your ex will be dating and you'll have to deal with possibly seeing that as well. Plus, if you have children, adding more people to your lives will bring about entirely new dynamics that if not done correctly could cause life long issues.
Which brings us to...
- Children and divorce. Your relationship with your kids (if applicable) is crucial during this time which is why we have an entire section devoted to it. Being both a child and parent of divorce, I have experienced this first hand and the effects can be ever lasting.
- Your new relationship with your ex spouse. If you have divorced or are well on your way then you will have created a new type of relationship with your ex (again this play a larger role if kids are involved). If kids aren't involved you may be able to disappear from each other's lives. Relationship advice here is to adjust as quickly as possible and do everything to make it work. Be sure to read the co parenting article tips.
- What about remarriage? I'm sure at this point you may not be thinking about this, but perhaps you are? We will uncover a lot of relationship advice when it comes to tying the not again and ensuring you don't end up back here in a few months/years as we've seen happen many times before (we will leave out the stats of divorce rates on second plus marriages as they are abysmal).
And Much More...
When it comes to relationship advice there is a lot to cover. If you
are in the midst of divorce, now is an excellent time to analyze not
only yourself but your relationships and how they are managed from here
I learned a ton about myself and my relationships and this
goes back to when I was a child. Remember, the common theme of this site
is that no matter how your situation plays out, you come out the other
side of this stronger and ready to take on the world as a better person
with higher standards for yourself, your relationships, and your life.
That is part of what being a man is all about.
Divorce Advice, Tips, and Wisdoms...
This is where you can share your own divorce advice, tips, wisdoms, and more. You don't have to leave any personal information if you don't choose to, but it helps others to at least understand the various aspects divorce presents since the journey can be different for everyone. Please share!
Return for more divorce advice from relationship advice